STT GDC India Announces the First Greenfield Facility in Noida as Part of its Multi-Megawatt Capacity Expansion Plan
Noida, India, 15 June 2021
- The new facility in Noida is designed to host up to 35MW critical IT load
- Phase 1 of this project is expected to go live by Q2 CY2022
ST Telemedia Global Data Centres India ("STT GDC India"), India’s largest data centre service provider, recently announced that construction is well underway for phase-1 of a new greenfield data centre facility, STT Noida DC-1, in Noida, Uttar Pradesh as part of its multi-megawatt capacity expansion plan across India. With a planned investment of up to INR 1100 crore for the entire project, phase 1 of this facility will offer up to 18MW of critical IT load and is expected to be completed by Q2, CY2022.
Unveiling the new project, Sumit Mukhija, CEO, STT GDC India, shared,
"The STT Noida facility, once fully built, can support up to 35MW IT power capacity spread across five acres of land. We continue to be committed to supporting the burgeoning digital ecosystem of the country with state-of-the-art facilities and global standards of excellence in service through world-class infrastructure and cutting-edge solutions at our new projects. Our decision to expand in Noida is driven by the continuing rapid growth in the Indian data centre industry supporting the massive digital transformation that the country is experiencing. The promise of Noida emerging as a new Data Centre hub is well supported by progressive policy impetus at both the Central and State governments. We look forward to leading from the front as we expand and continue to support clients with an unwavering commitment to uninterrupted business continuity."
STT Noida DC will set a new precedent and industry benchmarks:
- The facility is less than one kilometre away from Noida-Greater Noida Expressway, with two adjacent connecting roads.
- Spread across an area of more than five acres, the facility will be developed in two phases with an overall capacity of up to 35MW critical IT load and enable both enterprises and hyperscale customers to future-proof their expansion options in the northern region.
- With a capacity of 18MW, phase-1 (STT Noida DC-1) will be one of the largest data centres in North India.
- The project will add up to 35MW of critical IT load to STT GDC India's total IT capacity.
- The purpose-built data centre will be constructed with a modular design ensuring industry leading uptime, reliability, scalability and flexibility to customers.
- Consistent with our focus on sustainability, it will be a green building and source more than half of its power from renewable energy sources
- The facility will have highly reliable power supported by dual high voltage substations.
- The facility will be carrier-neutral with a dense network through three diverse fibre entry paths and other customised connectivity options for customers.
In the region, this project will help provide the data centre infrastructure to support digital growth and generate employment over the entire lifecycle of data centre construction and long-term operations. The sharp growth in internet penetration is resulting in an exponential surge in data being generated. India needs resilient, always-on, mission-critical data centre infrastructure to cater to the nation’s rapidly growing digital appetite. With the addition of this facility, STT GDC India aims to cater to the growing demands of enterprise as well as hyperscale customers amidst a growing need for local data storage in line with the government’s increased focus on data localisation.
About ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (India)
ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (India) (STT GDC India), a majority-owned subsidiary of ST Telemedia Global Data Centres, is a market-leading data centre service provider with the largest data centre footprint in the country. STT GDC India has been managing the country's largest raised floor area and critical IT load of over 135 MW, with now 19 facilities across nine major cities Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Pune and Noida serving over 1,000 customers, including many Fortune 500 companies. Its mission-critical solutions comprise best-in-class offerings delivering industry-leading uptime to its customers. STT GDC India now operates three of the country's largest data centre facilities in Pune, Chennai, and Bengaluru. For more information, please visit www.sttelemediagdc.in.
FOR MEDIA QUERIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (India)
Director, Marketing and Communications
T +91 9810077856
E [email protected]
Adfactors PR on behalf of ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (India)
T +91 7838076088
E [email protected]
T +91 8860010783
E [email protected]