ST Telemedia Global Data Centres Launches Its Hyperscale Loyang Facility
Singapore, 6 July 2021 – ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC) today announced the official launch of STT Loyang, their largest facility in Singapore to date. STT Loyang has an IT load capacity of up to 40MW. The hyperscale facility also meets the highest sustainability benchmark of BCA-IMDA Green Mark Platinum.
The six-storey facility at Loyang Drive, will have a Gross Floor Area (GFA) of over 290,000 square feet (27,000 square metres) and a Net Lettable Area (NLA) of over 111,000 square feet (10,700 square metres).
"STT Loyang adds to the breadth of our data centre footprint in Singapore with new and significant scale coverage in the East region. This newest facility reinforces our industry leadership in Singapore where we now have eight data centres spread across the island and adds capacity to support the business growth of our key customers at a time when data centre capacity is constrained locally. Despite the challenges seen in the construction sector in 2020, we worked closely with the relevant authorities and our stakeholders to ensure smooth and COVID-safe completion of construction and today, we are primed to cater to new demands fuelled by economic recovery,” said Clement Goh, CEO - Southeast Asia, ST Telemedia Global Data Centres.
To mitigate pandemic-induced construction delays, many of the electrical, mechanical, and building elements were prefabricated off-site, with the aid of our latest BIM 3D design technologies. STT GDC also provided dedicated on-site accommodation for the construction workforce to mitigate any health and safety risks, and with all the requisite measures in place, to ensure construction could still proceed.
In line with STT GDC’s groupwide focus and commitment towards net carbon-neutral data centre operations by 2030, STT Loyang will support the company’s sustainability goals with a market-leading design power usage effectiveness (PUE) of under 1.3 and a host of sustainable features.
“STT Loyang will help us to meet strong customer demand and support the expansion of our existing capabilities. At the same time, this new facility has been designed and constructed for market-leading efficiencies without the reliability trade-offs. Singapore’s Green Plan 2030, and latest Green Building Masterplan has cast the spotlight on the need for sustainable growth, a theme that is consistent with our business vision of powering a sustainable digital future. As we continue our growth trajectory, we are also making every effort to remain prudent in terms of our carbon footprint and energy efficiency,” said Bruno Lopez, President and Group CEO, ST Telemedia Global Data Centres.
At its inception, STT Loyang was selected to pilot BCA’s latest standard, Green Mark for New Data Centres (NDC2.1: 2019). The project was subsequently awarded GreenMark Platinum which is the highest level of achievement. It is also certified LEED Gold v4 for Data Centres. New innovative features include:
• High efficiency cooling equipment that reduces overall energy consumption by between 30-40% compared in industry norms, whilst enhancing the level of cooling control precision. Features include dynamic machine-optimising of the control setpoints.
• Best in class high efficiency chillers with energy efficiency of up to 0.25kW/RT, almost double that of industry standards.
• A 2,000m² rooftop solar photovoltaic system feeding approximately 400MWh per annum of renewable zero-carbon energy directly into the facility power network, avoiding approximately 158 tonnes of CO2 emissions, the equivalent of CO2 capture by 2,600 trees for 10 years or 194 acres of forest in one year.
• Almost 80MVA of distributed UPS systems with 97% efficiency in double-conversion VFI mode, supporting both IT power and continuous cooling. UPS systems feature the latest lithium-ion technology, enabling significantly improved energy density and recharge time.
• Flexible data hall layouts with significant equipment modularisation to meet varying customer load commitments.
• Offsite pre-fabrication and containerisation of many of the electrical power systems including generator sets, UPS, switchboards and transformers to enable better quality control and construction productivity.
• Dual on-site 66kV GIS substations, enabling reliable and cost-effective utility power at scale.
STT Loyang complies with the most stringent global standards on business continuity and security. The new LEED Gold and TIA 942 Rated-3 data centre facility will provide high levels of redundancy for power, cooling, and fire detection and suppression to ensure smooth operations in the event of any unforeseen circumstances. It complies with the most stringent physical and logical security standards including Threat Vulnerability Risk Assessment (TVRA) to the highest level to offer the most secure operational environment.
Watch our video of STT Loyang below.
About ST Telemedia Global Data Centres
ST Telemedia Global Data Centres is one of the fastest-growing data centre providers, headquartered in Singapore. With a global platform of data centres in the world’s major business markets of over 130 facilities across Singapore, UK, India, China, Thailand, South Korea and Indonesia, STT GDC offers a full suite of best-in-class, highly scalable and flexible data centre solutions, connectivity and support services that best meet customers’ current and future colocation needs. For more details, please visit sttelemediagdc.com.